A premium hair salon in the heart of Cambridge city centre.
At Directors Hair our dedicated team are ready to make you look and feel fantastic.
Our professional approach, maintained by talent, hard work and impeccable training ensures that you will always receive the very best.
COVID NOTICES TO OUR CUSTOMERS
Update July 19th
Since reopening the Salon, we have been following the Wella Professional Guidelines on skin testing, which is currently 6 months ( unless you have coloured your own hair during lockdown, or are a new Client)
Due to Covid-19 after-effects, we are now strongly advising that ALL clients should have a skin test before ANY colour service for your own protection, especially if you have been ill or had any symptoms of Covid-19.
Skin tests should be done at least 48 hours before your appointment.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Update July 2nd
Welcome back to Directors Hair!
See you soon.
Update June 29th
We have reviewed our guidelines based on the government policy and have updated our commitment to you to keep us and yourselves as safe as possible when you visit the salon when it opens next week.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Directors Hair x
Update: June 1st
Following the latest guidelines and advice from WELLA PROFESSIONALS regarding colouring and skin testing rules during this time, we would like to share with you this following information:
1. For our regular colour clients who HAVE NOT COLOURED their hair at home, and last had their salon colour less than 6 months ago: We can book you an immediate appointment, no skin test required.
2. For our regular clients who HAVE COLOURED their hair at home using a different colour or brand: We can book for a haircut only and give a face to face consultation and skin test.
3. For our regular clients who wish to change their colour since their last salon visit, or for any new clients: We can book for a haircut only, plus consultation and skin test.
There will be a member of our team in the salon most Mondays until we open if you wish to ring for further advice or information.
Directors Hair x
Update May 12th:
Dear Clients, we hope you are all well.
According to government advice we are looking to re-open on the 4th of July.
During this period we will be making the salon 'COVID safe'. To enable us to re-open in a safe and controlled manner we are doing the following:
1) Our staff will be provided with masks and gloves. They will be trained in advanced cleaning protocols and social distancing will be prioritised.
2) Clients who already have an appointment scheduled will be contacted from Monday 25th May to reschedule for July. Please bare with us as there is a lot of calls to be made but we will be in contact with everybody.
You can also contact us via email to make an appointment firstname.lastname@example.org.
All colour appointments will need to have a skin test at least 48 hours prior to appointment.
3) Please arrive on time for your appointment or you may have to wait outside as appointment times have been modified to allow sufficient time for cleaning between clients.
4) Please attend appointments alone as we are unable to accommodate friends or family members due to social distancing.
5) If you are unwell and/or have a high temperature, continuous cough or shortness of breath, please DO NOT enter the salon, call us to reschedule.
6) Please wear a face covering when attending your appointment. If you are unable to bring your own they will be available to purchase at reception.
7) Please use hand sanitiser or wash your hands on arrival.
8) No cash payments.
9) Unfortunately we will not be able to provide drinks or access to our salon toilets at the moment.
10) Please keep checking our website for further updates.
Keep well and we look forward to seeing you all soon,
All at Directors x
"I have been going to Directors Hair for 5 years now - I always have my hair cut by Olivia and I trust her with my hair completely! Olivia always gives me a cut that is exactly what I've asked for and which gives me confidence in my hair cut. I have rarely found another stylist that understands the way I like my fringe to be cut, as Olivia does. I moved away from Cambridge two years ago and still make a 50-mile journey to Cambridge to get my hair cut here and have introduced my mum to this salon who also now never goes anywhere else. Everyone at Directors is friendly and welcoming and the salon has a nice relaxing atmosphere. Would highly recommend!"
"My hair has been styled and cut by Michael for the last 30 years and I always have been very delighted with the result. On Michael's advice I have had up to date hair cuts. The staff are courteous and the coffee is very good indeed! All in all a visit to Directors is relaxing and very pleasant."
Let us know what you think...
2020 School Leavers
Starting summer 2020, become an apprentice hairdresser with our excellent and dedicated training team. Please contact us by email or call and speak to Hannah for more information.